The Benjamin Foundation are the chosen charity for the Great British Beer Festival Winter 2019.
To support The Benjamin Foundation, visitors to the festival may donate coins in collection tins and buckets and give remaining beer tokens to the charity in the box at the glasses stand or pop them in the buckets. You may also visit their stand in Blackfriars’ Hall where they will be happy to talk about the information and support they provide.
The Benjamin Foundation was founded in 1994 and since then the charity has been helping people across Norfolk, and more recently in Suffolk, to deal with some of the challenges that life throws at them; from ‘everyday’ problems such as finding affordable childcare, to heart-breaking issues such as youth homelessness, bullying or abuse.
Photo: Michael Ryan, Norwich & Norfolk CAMRA Branch Secretary with Rachel Hogg, Communications Co-ordinator of the Benjamin Foundation
Every service The Benjamin Foundation delivers is focused on providing hope, opportunity, stability and independence and includes:
- Working to prevent youth homelessness by providing a home and support to over 100 vulnerable young adults at any time. We give the young people a stable home and provide the skills they need so they can leave us and forge an independent life.
- Delivering a range of services to support children, young people and families facing challenges. By helping at an early stage our work aims to prevent more serious problems arising in the future.
- Providing education to pre-school children in a safe, supportive environment which gives their parents peace of mind.
- Providing positive activities to young people who have limited opportunities in life – perhaps they’re caring for a parent or come from a socially deprived area. A chance to escape their day-to-day pressures and be a child again is vital.
- Our store, shop and handyman service generate profits to help fund our charity, while providing helpful services for the community.
For more information about The Benjamin Foundation, please visit https://benjaminfoundation.co.uk/
Social media links:
Twitter: @CharityTBF https://twitter.com/CharityTBF
Facebook: The Benjamin Foundation @CharityTBF https://www.facebook.com/CharityTBF/
Instagram: charitytbf https://www.instagram.com/charitytbf/